Technology & Innovation
- University Of Rochester
The digital health landscape is complex, fascinating, and rapidly expanding. Hundreds of relevant resources exist, but are often known only to a subset of individuals within the many different disciplinary silos that comprise the diverse field of digital health.
- August 31, 2020Many of South Carolina’s nicotine addiction researchers are in Charleston. But many of the smokers who need to quit live elsewhere in the state. This poses a dilemma for researchers and smokers alike. Researchers can’t enroll large and representative groups of smokers into their trials. And smokers who would like to quit cannot easily access investigational treatments that could help them to do so
The NIH-funded Restore Center is seeking proposals for pilot projects that accelerate the use of sensor and video technology in rehabilitation research and will advance real-world monitoring and delivery of medical rehabilitation.
Funding: Up to $30,000 over a one-year period
- July 09, 2020Behind-the-scenes efforts at Harvard University lead to large-scale contact tracing in Massachusetts. Contact tracing, along with testing and quarantining, is a cornerstone of infectious disease control in absence of a vaccine. Thanks in part to behind-the-scenes efforts at Harvard University, Massachusetts was first in the nation to start large-scale contact tracing of those testing positive for
- June 18, 2020
OCTRI announces six awardees to two tracks of the Biomedical Innovation Program: COVID-19 Rapid Response and Digital Health.
- April 21, 2020CTSA members are helping drive new research and clinical opportunities in ultra-high field magnetic resonance imaging (UHF MRI), evidenced by a November conference on the topic for the national CTSA community hosted by the University of Minnesota.
- University Of PennsylvaniaAcademic Entrepreneurship for Medical and Health Scientists, is a free open education resource that can be used in courses, workshops, pilot grant programs, and by individuals. Who is an academic entrepreneur? Faculty, staff, or students turning observations in the laboratory, clinic, and community into interventions that improve the health of individuals and the public and seeking to: patent and
- National Institutes of HealthThis course is a free online lecture series covering the fundamentals of clinical pharmacology as a translational scientific discipline focused on rational drug development and utilization in therapeutics. The course focuses on the following core principles of pharmacology: pharmacokinetics; drug metabolism and transport; drug therapy in special populations; assessment of drug effects; drug