- January 20, 2022When Rutgers University and RWJ Barnabas Health (RWJBH), New Jersey’s largest healthcare system, partnered as part of the New Jersey Alliance for Clinical and Translational Science (NJ-ACTS) to combine their clinical enterprises and jointly manage research activities, the two entities’ academic and corporate cultures were sometimes at odds with one another.
Position Summary: The Institute for Clinical and Translational Science is a special project department housed under the Office of Research on the UCI Campus. The UCI CTSA is one of 62 NIH-NCATS funded institutes in the US. The ICTS Mission is to improve health and healthcare by catalyzing translational research across the spectrum and by advancing the science of translation. The cohesive theme of
This module gives an overview of different gerontologized measures and resources.
- The toolkit comprises a set of power point slide sets (modules) intended to serve as a resource for persons delivering presentations aiming to heighten and facilitate older adult inclusion in clinical and translational research.
A module on the research implications of aging, multimorbidity, polypharmacy, and inter-current health events.
- This module identifies study design and statistical analysis strategies that can help assure that clinical investigations including older adults provide valid information and yield maximal insight.
- July 15, 2021
The Foundations of Biomedical Data Science at the University of Virginia hosted its fifth annual Biomedical Data Science Innovation Lab (BDSIL): Challenges in Brain Analytics and Data Integration on June 21-25, 2021. The BDSIL is an intensive program partially sponsored by iTHRIV and NIH Grant #R25GM139080 that has virtual and in-person components designed to foster the development of
- June 24, 2021COVID-19 has widened the life expectancy gap across racial groups and between the U.S. and peer countries. U.S. life expectancy decreased by 1.87 years between 2018 and 2020, a drop not seen since World War II, according to new research from Virginia Commonwealth University, the University of Colorado Boulder and the Urban Institute. The numbers are even worse for people of color. On average
- -Georgetown University
The Summer Intensive Workshop will be held from July 12 through July 16, 2021 online from 9 AM to 5 PM each day. This is a one-week (40-hour) introductory-level workshop with a focus on biostatistics and design of clinical trials. Registration fee: $1,000 ($600 for Residency & Fellowship Programs) This workshop may be eligible for tuition assistance benefits. Contact your benefits office for
- -Center for Data to HealthNot sure how to go about identifying which patients in the N3C Data Enclave have had COVID-19? Want to get your COVID+ patient counts to match the numbers on the Enclave homepage dashboard? The Enclave Users’ Group (EUG) has been created as a community-focused forum where members can share practical information on techniques, tips, and methods in the N3C Data Enclave. Each session will have one or
- Tufts University Boston
This talk was presented as part of The Odyssey of OHDSI: Using Health Care Data for Research. You will learn how data are represented by vocabularies in the OMOP CDM and how to use the ATLAS toolset to define cohorts. Presented by Christian Reich, MD, PhD, Real World Analytics Solutions, IQVIA
- Tufts University Boston
Interested in learning about novel data analysis methods and tools for addiction research? To better understand the science of addiction disorders, the research community needs continuous development of novel methods across the translational research spectrum, from personalized medicine to epidemiology.
- Duke University
Learn what it takes to make your surveys as efficient as possible. Customize survey settings, manage survey participants, and stay up-to-date on survey progress and results
- Universiity of Florida
These Precision Snippets are a seven-part step-by-step video tutorial series on how to access health data in NHANES, FL Health Charts, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network (NEPHT), and Florida Water Management Inventory (FLWMI). These videos were commissioned by UF CTSI, based on the UF CTSI “Accessing Environmental Health
- Brown University
Types of variables, summary statistics, measures of center, basic graphs (boxplots, histograms, etc)
The Harvard Chan Bioinformatics Core is excited to expand our bioinformatics training program as part of a new collaboration with the Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC). We are looking for a bioinformatician to join our team in our efforts to provide education and analytical support to the Harvard community. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching (as demonstrated by their teaching experience), enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and has a background in high-throughput data analysis, specifically for next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. This role provides a unique and rewarding opportunity to train and support world-class researchers making a profound impact on human health.
- Association for Clinical and Translational ScienceUniversity of Minnesota Twin CitiesOtherThe Biostats4you website was developed to serve medical and public health researchers and professionals who wish to learn more about biostatistics. The site contains carefully selected and vetted training materials especially suited for a non-statistician audience. This site is being developed and maintained by members of the Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design Special Interest Group
- -Center for Data to Health
For Rapid Learning in #COVID-19 Treatment Comparisons In this one-hour webinar, Frank Harrell Jr, PhD, Professor of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University and ACTS BERD SIG member, will explain the Bayesian fully sequential design and analysis plan for the 7-level COVID ordinal outcome scale for rapid learning and decision making.
- -Center for Data to Health
The csv,conf brings diverse groups together to discuss data topics, and features stories about data sharing and data analysis from science, journalism, government, and open source. Join the free csv,conf,v5 annual community conference online. Hear interesting ideas for imagining new humanistic and #computational data-related courses from Emily Jacobi and Sisi Wei.
- Harvard Medical School
Essentials of Biostatistics is an online resource of videos that cover fundamental concepts of medical biostatistics. Over 20 different topics are covered in short videos that can be watched and re-watched over the time of your subscription. This resource serves as a good primer to more advanced topics in biostatistics. Sample of topics covered: - Common Probability Distributions - Estimation and
- Harvard Medical School9-week hybrid (in-person/online) course on the design & implementation of clinical trials. Clinical Trial Design (CTD) is an opportunity for new clinical investigators, who have an idea for development of a clinical trial, to participate in an intensive nine-week course. Participants will learn the fundamentals of clinical trial design, including instructions on how to design a protocol
- -University Of North Carolina Chapel HillQualitative research approaches help bring community and patient voices to light, and are commonly used in community-engaged research. Join the North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute Community and Stakeholder Engagement (CaSE) Program for this session led by Qualitative Research Specialist, MaryBeth Grewe. She will provide an introduction to qualitative research
- Harvard Medical SchoolToday the principles and techniques of reproducible research are more important than ever, across diverse disciplines from astrophysics to political science. No one wants to do research that can’t be reproduced. Thus, this course is really for anyone who is doing any data intensive research. While many of us come from a biomedical background, this course is for a broad audience of data scientists
- University Of MichiganNational Institutes of HealthA series of 14 tutorials on improving the reproducibility of data analysis for those doing microbial ecology research. Although the materials focus on issues in microbiome research, the principles are broadly applicable to other areas of microbiology and science. This series of lessons will focus on the importance of command line practices (e.g. bash), scripting languages (e.g. mothur, R), version
- National Institutes of HealthOtherThe Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Initiative presents this virtual lecture series on the data science underlying modern biomedical research. Since its beginning in September 2016, the webinar series consists of presentations from experts across the country covering the basics of data management, representation, computation, statistical inference, data modeling, and other topics relevant to "big
- Indiana UniversityUniversity Of Alabama At BirminghamNational Institutes of HealthPreclinical research involving animal models can be improved when appropriate experimental, analytical, and reporting practices are used. We produced a series of animated vignettes with quantitative experts and laboratory scientists discussing aspects of study design, interpretation, and reporting. Each vignette introduces viewers to key concepts that can stimulate the important conversations
- Brown University
Presented by the Research Design, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics Core of Advance-CTR, this bi-monthly Seminar Series offers instruction on data analysis (first Tuesday of each month), and study design (last Thursday of each month). The Seminars are available to attend in-person, or remotely via Zoom, and are always made available after the fact as a recording. Seminar Description: This seminar
- February 05, 2019
Co-sponsored by UAB Informatics Institute and the CCTS, the inaugural UAB-Biomedical Research Infrastructure Technology Enhancement (U-BRITE) Day featured "proof of concept" translational research projects that demonstrated the value of HIPAA-compliant, high-performance informatics tools for merging, managing, and analyzing clinical and genomic data sets. The emergent U-BRITE platform also offers