Project Manager, Instructional Design and Technology
Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is recruiting for a Project Manager, Instructional Design & Technology, to support the Professional Education Program. Under the supervision of the Director of Professional Education, the Project Manager is responsible for collaborating with Tufts CTSI partner faculty and staff in the design and delivery of education activities and other special professional development events for research teams and other stakeholders. Additionally, the Project Manager is responsible for supporting effective and meaningful use of technology in all program activities, including the development of learning resources, and retooling of courses and course segments to digital learning platforms.
Tufts CTSIs Professional Education program provides non-credit education and training for all members of clinical and translational research teams across Tufts CTSI partners in the forms of live, blended synchronous/asynchronous, and self-paced online seminars, workshops and other learning opportunities. Our self-paced online courses are made available through our Tufts CTSI I LEARN (http://ilearn.tuftsctsi.org) learning management system (LMS). These offerings advance Tufts CTSI partners knowledge and skills and create collaborations that lead to innovative translational research.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Learning design, curriculum development, and learning technology support for education activities (both synchronous and asynchronous) such as live, blended, or self-paced courses and symposia. Specific job activities include:
- Lead successful implementation of professional education programs and explore ways of continual improvement and innovation.
- Independently manage the development of live, blended, and self-paced educational activities from inception to completion, including project timelines, logistics, curricular materials, and communications, in collaboration with the program faculty and staff and the Director of Professional Education.
- Collaborate with faculty and program project managers on course design, including defining learning goals and objectives, and the production of course materials (i.e. audio/video lectures, multimedia presentations, etc.).
- Train the faculty and staff on the use of Tufts CTSI I LEARN and provide frontline response to any I LEARN support inquiries. Liaise with vendors and internal IT to initiate and resolve support tickets.
- Manage events, meetings, and symposia including scheduling and logistical arrangements, serving as liaison to presenters/invitees, agenda preparation, materials distribution, minutes, follow-up, media, and audio-visual needs.
- Collect, input, and maintain registration, attendance, and learning assessment data and records for professional education programs. Prepare reports and presentations.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required. Master's degree in education, learning design, learning technologies, curriculum and instruction, or related fields preferred.
- Curriculum development or teaching experience is highly desirable. Event planning experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of contemporary and emerging adult learning principles and instructional design practices required.
- Interest in, eagerness, and ability to quickly learn new technical skills and new technologies is essential. Basic instructional technology experience is preferred. Experience with the d2l Brightspace LMS, content authoring tools such as Storyline 360, or other multimedia creation, such as video production and editing experience, or equivalent, is a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to anticipate programmatic needs. Ability to lead and direct others by setting priorities for completing multiple tasks. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft and present program materials.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills to interact with healthcare leadership and support staff. Highly professional manner with an ability to maintain sensitivity, confidentiality, and tactfulness. Ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Minimum of three years experience directly related to the duties specified is required (teaching/training adult learners, especially faculty).