- September 22, 2021
Register now for the 10th Annual Health Informatics & Data Science Symposium at Georgetown University. This event will be held, virtually, October 8th from 9 AM - 12:30 PM. Featured are presentations from Dr. Anant Madabhushi, Ph.D.; Dr. Lucila Ohno-Machado, MD., Ph.D.; Iker Huerga, M. Sc.; as well as our Keynote Speaker, Dr. Amy Abernathy who will speak on the topic: "Future of Digital Health
- CLICThis webcast explores the importance of data standardization and warehousing for clinical research.
- To accelerate translation, researchers need access to a broad range of data from a variety of sources (electronic health records, imaging, genetics, behavioral, etc.). These sources manage and store data differently, which creates the need for standardization. The Informatics Common Metric, which is in its second year, addresses the need to harmonize data across the CTSA Program. This will enhance
- CLICThe webcast provides definitions and examples of commonly-used Informatics terms and phrases. The first five webcasts are an introduction to informatics, created to build foundational knowledge and to define key terms. We encourage you to watch them in order.
- -Center for Data to HealthThe CD2H Biobank Incubator project being developed by the Next Generation Data Sharing Core will demonstrate the BioCatalyst platform on Weds June 23, 2021 at 10amPT/1pm ET. BioCatalyst is a first-of-its-kind search engine/application that allows biobanks to connect both clinical attributes and biological/molecular data to existing biospecimens in a central, easy-to-use virtual ecosystem. As of
- Universiity of Florida
These Precision Snippets are a seven-part step-by-step video tutorial series on how to access health data in NHANES, FL Health Charts, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network (NEPHT), and Florida Water Management Inventory (FLWMI). These videos were commissioned by UF CTSI, based on the UF CTSI “Accessing Environmental Health
- University Of Southern California
These online video lectures describe the increasingly rich sources of health data, such as electronic health records, available for scientific investigation by clinical and translational researchers, and introduces the methods and issues surrounding their use. The lecturer also reviews bioinformatic tools and information technologies that leverage high-density experimental data, with a focus on
- University Of Southern California
The use of digital practices and approaches can potentially increase the quality and efficiency of all phases of the traditional clinical translational research process.This program helps research professionals and students who are involved in the health sciences to develop competency in digital research practices and approaches. The events and training resources introduce health researchers at
- -Georgetown University
Every year, the Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) hosts a popular symposium focused on Health Informatics and Data Science at Georgetown University. This year, in light of the COVID-19 global pandemic, this symposium will be virtual and will feature a LIVE keynote talk, guest speakers and data challenge winners. Dr. Robert M. Califf, former Commissioner of the Food and Drug
- Journal of Biomedical Informatics
Health information technology (HIT) can address important problems in clinical care and biomedical research. These problems include lack of compliance with clinical practice guidelines , insufficient use of preventative medicine services  and numerous impediments to clinical/translational research .
- Journal of Association of American Medical Colleges
Clinical and translational research increasingly requires computation. Projects may involve multiple computationally oriented groups including information technology (IT) professionals, computer scientists, and biomedical informaticians. However, many biomedical researchers are not aware of the distinctions among these complementary groups, leading to confusion, delays, and suboptimal results.
Are you interested in a career at the nation’s primary resource for diverse biomedical literature, data, and information, and with the world’s largest biomedical research library? The National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland seeks applications from exceptional candidates for the exciting and challenging position of Associate Director for Library Operations (ADLO), National Library
- Medical University Of South Carolina
The Biomedical Informatics core and SUCCESS Center at the South Carolina Clinical and Translational Research (SCTR) Institute teamed up with the Employee Health office at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) to create an online home monitoring log using REDCap.
- -University Of California DavisData-Driven Research for Better Health This interdisciplinary day highlights the latest innovation, applications, and training in health data sciences, and will involve speakers and attendees from across UC Davis and its health research partners. Data Science Workshops Introductory and intermediate data science workshops in population outcomes or Natural Language Processing. Data Resources and
- Journal of clinical and translational science
Electronic health records (EHRs) provide great promise for identifying cohorts and enhancing research recruitment. Such approaches are sorely needed, but there are few descriptions in the literature of prevailing practices to guide their use. A multidisciplinary workgroup was formed to examine current practices in the use of EHRs in recruitment and to propose future directions.
- Journal of Clinical and Translational Science
A robust biomedical informatics infrastructure is essential for academic health centers engaged in translational research. There are no templates for what such an infrastructure encompasses or how it is funded. An informatics workgroup within the Clinical and Translational Science Awards network conducted an analysis to identify the scope, governance, and funding of this infrastructure.
Classification Title: Senior Database Architect Department: Institute for Clinical and Translational Science Biomedical Informatics Core Pay Grade: 7B (Pay Structure B: https://hr.uiowa.edu/professional-pay/compensation-plan-structure-b-FY18) Salary:The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including 24 days paid vacation per year to start and paid sick leave. Complete
- University Of Cincinnati
The CCTST optional modules highlight our unique translational research capacity. Lifespan Data Integration established a platform for investigating transgenerational and longitudinal exposures that impact health and disease, which now includes data from 200,000 births. The Acute Care Research (ACR) Council is working to overcome challenges inherent to conducting research 24/7 across a complex
- Pennsylvania State Univ Hershey Med Ctr
In a seminal paper, Case and Deaton (2015) described a growing phenomenon, “diseases of despair” –namely drug overdose, suicide, and alcoholic liver disease--that underlies the first-ever decline in life expectancy in the U.S. and that disproportionately affects white non-Hispanic Americans and those living in rural communities. Addressing conditions within the health system alone ignores that
- August 14, 2019
Supporting cross-disciplinary research is one of the primary goals of Virginia Commonwealth University’s C. Kenneth and Dianne Wright Center for Clinical and Translational Research. Established in 2007, the center provides resources to encourage collaboration among VCU investigators and students, community partners and government organizations to advance the scientific study of human health. Last
- February 05, 2019
Co-sponsored by UAB Informatics Institute and the CCTS, the inaugural UAB-Biomedical Research Infrastructure Technology Enhancement (U-BRITE) Day featured "proof of concept" translational research projects that demonstrated the value of HIPAA-compliant, high-performance informatics tools for merging, managing, and analyzing clinical and genomic data sets. The emergent U-BRITE platform also offers
- December 03, 2018
Over the past year, TriNetX has become an integral tool for conducting clinical research at the University of Iowa. TriNetX allows our users to collaborate, enhance their study design, accelerate the patient recruitment process, and bring new therapies to market faster. To honor our most frequent users, we have awarded certificates to three individuals with the most queries from each of the three